Yesterday I made strawberry varenyky for the first time all by myself. For those of you who don't know what that is, it would be like perogies with a sweet strawberry filling. I used fresh strawberries I had from the vendor right outside the base, and after I cooked them I topped them with fresh cut up strawberries and a little sugar. They came out really good, everyone liked them a lot. Caleb wanted me to take a picture of him eating them, which are the only real pictures I have right now, so I'll post them on here instead of snapfish. We also have more good news. We stopped at the vendor this morning to buy a watermelon and some more strawberries, and the man gave Caleb a few cherries before we drove away. He has fantastic cherries, we've bought his cherries before, but Caleb has never tried them. On the way home, Caleb gave a cherry to Michael, gave one to me, and then ate one himself! He loved it! Caleb likes cherries! Then at dinner tonight I put some salsa inside his taco and he ate that too. It's so nuts. He has his good days and his bad, just like any other kid, but more and more he's starting to eat anything you put in front of him, even fruits and vegetables. We're so proud of him. Today we went to the pool on base. There were a lot of people there, but it wasn't crowded to the point where we couldn't swim a little and enjoy ourselves. Caleb had a BLAST, and it was definately refreshing as it's been blazing hot. It's a really big pool with different areas sectioned off for people. Only thing is that on our way out I actually stopped to read a sign and we realized you're supposed to buy a pass when you come in. Oops. Tomorrow we're going to the beach. We've heard the beaches up in Gaeta are really nice, so we borrowed a GPS and we're going to head up there in the morning. We'll make sure to take lots of pictures!
Friday, June 12, 2009
Life is a bowl full of cherries
Yesterday I made strawberry varenyky for the first time all by myself. For those of you who don't know what that is, it would be like perogies with a sweet strawberry filling. I used fresh strawberries I had from the vendor right outside the base, and after I cooked them I topped them with fresh cut up strawberries and a little sugar. They came out really good, everyone liked them a lot. Caleb wanted me to take a picture of him eating them, which are the only real pictures I have right now, so I'll post them on here instead of snapfish. We also have more good news. We stopped at the vendor this morning to buy a watermelon and some more strawberries, and the man gave Caleb a few cherries before we drove away. He has fantastic cherries, we've bought his cherries before, but Caleb has never tried them. On the way home, Caleb gave a cherry to Michael, gave one to me, and then ate one himself! He loved it! Caleb likes cherries! Then at dinner tonight I put some salsa inside his taco and he ate that too. It's so nuts. He has his good days and his bad, just like any other kid, but more and more he's starting to eat anything you put in front of him, even fruits and vegetables. We're so proud of him. Today we went to the pool on base. There were a lot of people there, but it wasn't crowded to the point where we couldn't swim a little and enjoy ourselves. Caleb had a BLAST, and it was definately refreshing as it's been blazing hot. It's a really big pool with different areas sectioned off for people. Only thing is that on our way out I actually stopped to read a sign and we realized you're supposed to buy a pass when you come in. Oops. Tomorrow we're going to the beach. We've heard the beaches up in Gaeta are really nice, so we borrowed a GPS and we're going to head up there in the morning. We'll make sure to take lots of pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment