Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Family is Growing

So I'm sure everyone has heard the news by now...but for those of you who may not have, we are having a baby! I'm just over 7 weeks pregnant now. It was July 22nd, Michael's first day to work nights, so he and Caleb were still sleeping when I walked to the hospital at 6:30am to get a test done. When i walked in the lady says, "um...I'm not sure if we can do this test today, your pregnancy test came back positive." I nearly passed out! We have been trying to have a baby, but because of personal reasons, we never would have thought I'd get pregnant anytime soon. They took me into the room and I was far enough along to see the baby on the ultrasound, and printed a picture to bring home to Michael and Caleb. I woke Caleb up first, showed him the picture, and explained that we were having a baby and he was a big brother. Of course it will take some time for him to fully understand what's going on, but he knows that "our baby" (as he calls it) is in my tummy, and he's very excited! He took the picture and woke up Michael...who didn't quite understand the picture until I explained to him what it was! We are all very happy and excited. Sometimes Caleb will randomly lift up my shirt and put his hand on my belly. I asked him once, "are you saying hi to the baby?" He said, "I'm just keeping an eye on it." He's a riot, he will be a great big brother.

Let's see...what else has been going on? We went back to Carney Park to go camping for the weekend of our anniversary, but ended up only staying there one night because none of us got any sleep (thanks to noisy people) and I have had pretty bad morning sickness...or more like all-day sickness. We still had a fantastic time and got lots of swimming in. We bought Caleb a lifejacket to help him learn, and by the time we left the pool we had him swimming all over by himself with no help, and he was even going down a small water slide, landing completely under water, without anyone there to catch him. He had an absolute blast. This past weekend there was a big picnic for the base. There was music, lots of stuff for kids to do, raffles, demonstrations (for example, they did a working police dog demonstration where they had the dog go after someone), and they had lots of tents set up with information about various organizations. There was also a short parade, it was really neat. The Italian polizia, caribineri, our military police, bike patrol, the Italian motorcycles, and our firetrucks were all in it. It was really neat seeing all of the different police vehicles that are used, and the weird sounds some of them make!

Michael is doing great. Working nights has taken a little bit more out of him, because he's not used to staying up all night and sleeping all day, but it's only 3 months and they switch back thankfully! He's taking a couple classes online as well, working on that degree. He has been absolutely wonderful...I have had horrible morning sickness and have spent most of the last week sleeping, being sick, and trying to get comfortable on the couch. He has taken over a lot of my chores around the house and has really helped out a lot, I don't know what I would've done without him! Besides being sick, I'm doing good as well. I've taken a little break from my ISP classes to rest, but hopefully in the next couple weeks I can get working on those again. Caleb is happy and healthy! He has been going to a drop-off program at school twice a week for a few hours, and he loves it to death. The teachers say he's been doing good in school and playing very well with the other kids. We are excited for school to actually start in September because it will give him a little more of a "learning" experience, instead of just playtime for a few hours here and there.

Here are a few random videos we've taken over the past couple weeks, and I'm also sending out a link for snapfish for a few pictures we have as well. Sorry I'm not in many of them, but feeling how I've been feeling lately, I've been the one hiding behind the camera! I hope everyone is happy and healthy...we miss you all! Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment